Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Neighborhood Diaries Project... check it out and contribute!!! Awesome idea.


Clean DocumentEmail false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Hi there,

My name is Abe and I am an artist working in Portland. I am beginning a new project tentatively titled "Neighborhood Diaries," where I am recording the location-based memories that occurred in five of Portland's neighborhoods, specifically the Buckman, Boise, Downtown, Northwest, and King/Vernon neighborhoods. I am then taking these memories, and then weaving them together into free "walking-tour" podcasts that guide listeners through these neighborhoods' seemingly mundane street corners, swing sets, and benches, and communicate the rich, emotional history that make up our surroundings.

Of course in order to do this, I need people to (anonymously) volunteer their memories. I have a mobile recording rig, and would like to come down to p:ear with my mobile recording rig and record participants (each session should take 15 to 20 minutes). So please ask your population to think about their experiences in and around these neighborhoods (I've made a convenient google map ) and try to think of their happiest memories, their saddest memories, funny memories, and any other momentous occasions.

No memory is too small or too large, short or long. I've only just started, but already I have gotten some amazing memories that I can't wait to share, but I need more memories in order to make this project happen. To donate a memory, e-mail me at hoodturkey@gmail.com

Even if you don't want to participate, but would like to stay informed about the project, let me know that too, and I'll put you on my mailing list. If you'd like to contribute money (anything helps), then please visit http://www.hoodturkey.com , and listen and see my other work. You can also search for "The Flight and the Fall" in iTunes (it's free).

Posted via email from Corey's posterous

No comments: